[etni] Fw: HOTS letter to Gidon Saar from Ulpanit Ort Tiberias English Staff

  • From: "Ask_Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ETNI" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 07:09:41 +0300

----- Original Message -----
From: Ilanit Eliyaho - IlanitA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: HOTS letter to Gidon Saar from Ulpanit Ort Tiberias English Staff

Dear fellow English Teachers,

As you may recall, a few weeks ago our staff uploaded a letter we had
composed to send to our principal and Gidon Saar regarding the HOTS program.
Ironically, we didn't even get around to sending the letter to Gidon Saar,
but after posting it on ETNI, we received some very positive feedback from
staffs around the country. However, we seemed to have touched a raw nerve
among proponents of the program with whom we have since been corresponding.

In light of comments received, we have edited and amended parts of the
letter and, together with our principal, have decided to address it to Judy
Steiner, Dr Shoshani, Gidon Saar, the Irgun and Histadrut Hamorim.

http://www.etni.org/letters/new_bagrut.doc

We feel that if English teachers take a united stand on this issue we will
be able to achieve our goal – postponement of the program until the many
problematic issues which have been raised in our letter are ironed out. Our
staff refuses to implement the program in its present form and without any
changes in conditions.

We suggest that staffs who agree with the letter follow suit and send it on
to the aforementioned people.

English Staff
Ulpanit Ort Tveria

** The ETNI Rag **