[etni] Fw: Good Songs Written Specifically for teaching Structures

  • From: "Ask Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 18:48:22 +0200

From: Barry  barisil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: ask@xxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2003 8:43 AM
Subject: Good Songs Written Specifically for teaching Structures

Hi.

All you youngsters out there have never heard of the albums "Mr Monday",
"Goodbye Rainbows" and "ESL Blues"  These are albums of songs, in '60s
genres, well written and recorded, specifically for ESL classes.  Some are
artificial, but, as the years go by and our students are culturally enhanced
to long for the '60s, they work better than ever.

These albums are practically unavailable today and whoever can get her hands
on a hi level recording can pull in a fortune on the bootleg market.  Hint
hint, nudge nudge.

No, you can't get them thru Kazaaaaaaa.

Last summer i asked about the songs on the list, and a few of you said you
could send me the lyrics.

I foolishly d'd your letters.

Now, I need the lyrics as Word files, so if you have them, please, plese
please forward them to me.

Barry V Silverberg