[etni] Fw: Getting a gmul for teaching the new Lit MOdule

  • From: "Ask_Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ETNI" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 22:31:44 +0200

----- Original Message ----- From: judyastary@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Getting a gmul for teaching the new Lit MOdule

Dear Bagrut teaching Etniers,
Loath as I am to unleash a Pandora's box, I feel I must nevertheless broach a subject that, unless I have missed it, has not to date been "brooched"! We are being urged to do courses to train us to teach the New Lit. Module, presumably with a gmul hishtalmut (2 hours) : fair enough. BUT, what about the actual teaching of the module itself? It sounds to me that the implementation is going to create far more work for teachers than we have at present - and - heaven knows there is no shortage of it now, what with all the "special cases" ( accomomodations such a, oral testing, making cassette tapes etc.) for which we DO NOT GET PAID. My question is: Are we supposed to grit our teeth and knuckle down to even greater demands being made on us English teachers with no extra recompense? Have I been missing something? Will teachers of Module F and Module D in the year 2010 be awarded extra gmulei bagrut? Pleae enlighten me if anyone has heard anything mentioned on this topic. Because English teachers are notorious freierim and it is high time we started to look after our interests.
Judith Astary

** Etni homepage - http://www.etni.org or - http://www.etni.org.il **