[etni] Fw: English Grammar Books

  • From: "Ask Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Etni" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 13:30:41 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: Golan Orbi - englishpunster@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: English Grammar Books

Hi there,

My name is Golan Orbi, and I have recently finished a B.A. Degree in English
Linguistics.

Nevertheless, I don't feel that I have full grip at the English grammar.

There are so many books which deal with English grammar, and I find it very
difficult to choose the prefect one for me.

I'm looking for the best American English grammar book to improve my
grammar.

I have problems mainly with prepositions. As an Israeli it's hard to find
the correct preposition for verbs. (look AT, predilection FOR, etc.)

Therefore, I prefer to have a book with examples of sentences, so I could
see how a word is inserted to a sentence.

Thanks,

Golan

** Issue #5 of The Rag is out:
   http://www.etni.org/etnirag/issue5.htm **