[etni] Fw: ETAI Newsletter 12: September 2008

  • From: "Ask_Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ETNI" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 21:43:33 +0200

----- Original Message ----- From: ETAI office - etaioffice@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: ETAI Newsletter 12: September 2008

ETAI Newsletter 12:  September 2008
Dear Readers,
Here's the first newsletter of the new academic year, and my first newsletter as incoming Chair of ETAI! To start with a personal message: my heartfelt thanks to Nava, the outgoing Chair, for the amazing job she has done over the last year, and her continuing support and encouragement! Only a year ago Nava initiated the slogan: If you can't come to ETAI, ETAI will come to you – a slogan we shall do our best to maintain this year, with mini-conferences planned for various places around the country, as well as the three major ones in the north, south and centre. Details of the year's ETAI events are not yet available, but cyberspace is already humming with emails between members involved with setting up the year's conferences and mini-conferences, as well as the upcoming International Conference in 2010. So watch this space: I'll update you as to where and when our next events will be!
And meanwhile, a nice bit of news:
I was invited a month or two ago by SEETA (the South-East European Teachers' Associations), which is an online community of English teachers in our part of the world, to be their first online guest speaker in a virtual lecture-discussion running from Sept 14 – 21. I agreed, but requested that ETAI be registered as a member of the community. Have just heard that we have been accepted; so use the attached page to register and give me your support in this online event! My topic: the use of L1 in English teaching.
Their website: http://community.britishcouncil.org/seeta/
And finally, to all our members and to all English teachers in the country: good luck with the beginning of the school year! We at ETAI wish all of you a happy, productive and fruitful year of teaching, learning and developing. We hope you'll see your students advance in their knowledge of English and progress in their own general education, and at the same time feel that you yourselves are becoming better – more effective, more creative, and happier – teachers!
I'll be in touch soon!
All the best,
Penny Ur
ETAI Chair

SEETA    MOODLE     PLATFORM
REGISTRATION     PROCEDURE

How    to    register  on    the    SEETA    moodle   platformMM

Go to website
http://community.britishcouncil.org/seeta/login/index.php

Go to column 'Is this your first time here?' and 'create a new account'.

Select a username and password that will be easy for you to remember, type your personal details and click on 'create my new account'.

You will automatically receive a confirmation e-mail from the system saying that you have created an account in the British Council community. This might take 1 or 2 days.

When you receive the e-mail you go back to the SEETA website and type your username and password and then click on login.

You are on the home page of the SEETA Community Platform. Now click on SEETA Teachers' Open Forum.

For comments and suggestions you can get in touch with Anna Parisi,
SEETA Project Leader at   seeta.pro.leader@xxxxxxxxx
--
Marna Snyder
ETAI Office Director