[etni] Fw: CDs for kids

  • From: "Ask Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Etni" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 13:36:36 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: laurie ornstein - laurenmadeline@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: CDs for kids

Hi All,

  I've been asked for "specifics" regarding CDs for kids - here are some
ideas among my favorites:

Produced by Smithsonian Folkways-
1.Birds, Beasts, Bugs and Fishes, Little and Big Animal Folk Songs - Pete
Seeger
2. Smithsonian Folkways Children's Music Collection
3. You Are My Little Bird - Elizabeth Mitchell

For other Smithsonian recordings, request a catalogue - folkways@xxxxxxx See
the website http://www.si.edu/folkways
or write to:
Catalogue, Smithsonian Folkways Recordings, 955 L'Enfant Plaza, sw, Suite
7300
Smithsonian Institute MRC 953, Washington, DC 20560, USA

I also highly recommend songs by Tom Chapin and Tom Paxton - Google them!
Woodie Guthrie also put out a CD with kids songs- I'm not sure but it may
also be a Smithsonian Folkways Recording.

Laurie