[etni] Fw: Bezeq expenses

  • From: "Ask Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Etni" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 08:48:52 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: Esther Revivo - estherrv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Bezeq expenses

Hello! I am one of the many teachers here in the south who have remained at
home "for the duration" outside of traveling to teach our pupils in distant
areas. I am posting this on ETNI because I am sure I am one of many teachers
who would like financial help in one sphere.

I am certain that ALL the English teachers, as I, have been in constant
phone contact with pupils throughout the war. (This in addition to contact
over the Internet.) I dread getting my phone bill at the end of the month. I
have not taken advantage of hotel nor any other discounts. Even for those
teachers (especially those in the Eshkol region, rocketed night and day,)
who HAVE taken advantage of day trips and other offers, I think it is
legitimate to request that Bezeq give some sort of discount to families of
soldiers fighting in Gaza and ALL residents of the rocketed areas. My choice
to call family members in Beer Sheva is one thing. However, it is quite
another to finish, as I just have, calling the 28 girls in my 9th grade
class for the umpteenth time!!!

Many of these girls are not at home, but tagging along with Mom/ Dad at work
so I must call their cells through Bezeq. I have been told by more than one
parent how it has warmed the hearts of the entire family to receive phone
calls from worried teachers who want to send a "telephone hug," and ask how
the girls are feeling.

Therefore, I ask other teachers to send an e-mail to Bezeq asking for some
free hours of speaking time this month. Sadly, I am inadequate both in my
Hebrew spelling not to mention inability to type. I will however send a
short e-mail to Bezeq G-d willing, and I ask that other teachers in rocketed
areas do the same. We are delinquent in our duty as educators if we do not
inquire about students' welfare in such a turbulent and stressful period.
Nevertheless, I think it only fair that Bezeq pay for some of these calls.

All the best- with prayers for all our boys on the front and may G-d grant
us a quiet Shabbat!
Esther Revivo
Ulpanat Tzvia Sedot Negev.

P.S. I have posted at least 6 blog entries on the Shiloh Musings blog if
anyone is interested in reading them.
My latest piece is called "Unity" (it is not at all political) and was
posted there on Tuesday.