[etni] Fw: Apology from Barry

  • From: "Ask_Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ETNI" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 14:10:03 +0200

----- Original Message ----- From: "Barry Silverberg" <barisil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Apology from Barry

I am terribly sorry that I offended some readers with callous remarks about
dealing with LD students.

The sentiments were expressed re the families that take advantage of the
system; I would willingly invest time and my own resources on the pupils who
really need the help

Nobody will accept that 50% of a regular class is really entitled to Hakra
ah.  This is not an easy problem to slove.

Barry

Lisa wrote:
As the parent of a child with learning disabilities, I am offended by
Barry's e-mail. The fact is that I, like many parents of disabled children,
have spent thousands of shekels over the years for testing and private
tutoring.  Adding one more financial burden and talking about it in a way
that is perhaps meant to be humorous, it far from a brilliant idea.

Barry wrote:
Lemmee say this one more time:
They coughed up the thousand shekel or so to get the 'Hat'amma'.
Let them figure out how to arrange the recording. (EG: Parents pay a
technician to make 50 copies).

** Etni homepage - http://www.etni.org or - http://www.etni.org.il **