[etni] [FWD: re: book reports

  • From: ask@xxxxxxxx
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 22:51:54 -0700

From: "lanir" <zllanir@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: book reports

How many students do you think go away and read boks for
book reports. Wouldnt it be a better idea to give out short stories
and have a test on them?  You could ask the kids to read 2 short
stories and tell them the test will be on one but not tell them
which one. At least the pupils are more likely to read the story in
depth rather than write a book report about the film of the book
they have watched! Also weak learners- most  don't read books
in Hebrew - do we really expect them to read a book in English -
even if its on tape? I think we have to be realistic.
 Lelsey Lanir