[etni] FWD: re: Bagrut results on anglit.net

  • From: ask@xxxxxxxx
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 13:56:11 -0700

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: re: Bagrut results on anglit.net
From: mirir3764@xxxxxxxxx

On anglit.net (the ministry site), they write:

"Based on preliminary Bagrut results, (national grades for each level
will only be available in the spring), there was no major difference in
the grade pupils received for the five-point Bagrut exam last summer,
modules E, F and G, as compared to the grade pupils received in
2002-3."

They then go on to write -
"Teachers gave a higher school grade (approximately 6 points higher) in
2004 for modules E, F and G than they did in the old format in 2002-3."

For some reason, we were not given any real statistics at all, not even
an approximate average of difference between the 2003 and 2004 Bagrut
grades, yet we were given the exact discrepancy in the grades the
teachers gave. Doesn't this seem rather strange to you? We aren't even
informed as to how many school grades were included in these
"preliminary results" (5000, 1000, 500, 20?). We also received
preliminary results over the ETNI list soon after the Bagrut exam and
the picture there was quite different. The Ministry has had over 6
months to come up with some real Bagrut results, and this is all that
they can come up with?
Quite pitiful, in my opinion.

Why can't the Ministry get its act together and at least present us with
some clear results.
Or is there simply something to hide here?

Miri