[etni] Re: [FWD: online course 2003 - gmul not received]

  • From: Lev Abramov <lev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ETNI <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 00:29:37 +0300

On Wed, 2004-06-02 at 06:43, Amira Dick wrote:
>  Subject: Preventing reading difficulties online course2003
>
>  We completed the requirements of an 84 hour online course and got the
> final grade. We still haven't received our Gmul till now in spite of
> the endless calls to matah and the open university. Is this the case
> with everybody? We need to know ,please, since they have been giving
> numerous excuses for not sending the Gmul yet.

Dear Amira -

You're not alone (I wonder if this is going to bring much consolation...
:)) - I know of at least two more groups of teachers who had
participated in online courses one or two years ago - and still haven't
received their gmulim.

Under the "old" system, all the papers were processed and the
certificates were issued by the inspectors in charge of in-service
courses. As from Jan 1, 2004, there is a centralized body that takes
care of the formal part of the paperwork; this seems to have somewhat
cleared the logjam: we get our course approval requests processed within
5 weeks. However, the final part - getting the inspector in charge issue
the certificates - can still take some time.

For those of you who are planning to take in-service courses (online,
f2f or hybrid) in the nearest future: you can access our newly-written
"Teacher Guide to Gmul" at www.schiffman.biz for more detailed
recommendations and troubleshooting tips. I hope it will help at least
some of you to select courses that are less problematic as regards
gmulim.

Feel free to contact me offlist for insider tips.

Best -

Lev

Lev Abramov <lev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>