[etni] [FWD: UPDATE: Kids Read, Jerusalem 2005 ]

  • From: ask@xxxxxxxx
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 01:32:05 -0700

 -------- Original Message --------
 Subject: UPDATE: Kids Read, Jerusalem 2005
 From: "B&D Lionarons" <lionaron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

UPDATE: Kids Read, Jerusalem 2005

Dear Teachers,
We are delighted to report an overwhelming response and interest from
all over Israel.
Here is a quick update.

The project is open to all teachers of English 3rd- 8th grade in Israel.

Materials for the project are presently being compiled and will include;

1) A wide variety of suggestions for class work and activities based on
reading
2) What is a class reader and why do we love them?
3) A sample lesson for teaching a poem.
4) Guidelines on how to prepare your students to vote in a national list
of favorite books.
5) How can your students contribute to a Kids Read Publication.
6) Teacher exchange for feedback of ideas

Kids Read, Jerusalem 2005 will send out materials during January 2005.
Registered teachers will be emailed or copies can be received by post -
by sending us a S.A.E. to;

Kids Read, Jerusalem 2005 c/o Deborah Lionarons,
Rehov Yehuda 3, Jerusalem 93627
email lionaron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for your interest in this unique project.
From, the JELLY (AACI) / Kids Read, Jerusalem 2005 committee.