[etni] [FWD: Songs that contextualize grammar and teach appreciation of culture!]]

  • From: ask@xxxxxxxx
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 22:56:09 -0700

Subject: Songs that contextualize grammar and teach appreciation of
culture!
From: Gail Shuster-Bouskila <gailshb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

So let's do more of these songs and try to stay late 20th century
(nothing Beatles, etc.)

* PINK "I'm coming up" -- future meaning of Present Progressive
* U2 "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" -- our pal Present
Perfect
* Song from SHREK 2 "Holding Out for a Hero" -- Present Progressive and
more
* Bon Jovi UGLY -- Conditionals/Wishes (exceptional for units dealing
with eating disorders and self-image)
* Artists: Black Eyed Peas with Justin Timberlake "Where is the love?"
-- so many things: question formation, gerunds and amazing  vocabulary
for hate and for love

Give me MORE!!!

Keep in touch, Gail Shuster-Bouskila
HOMEPAGE: http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Pantheon/8127/
"If we are taught what to think, but not how to think,
we end up not thinking at all" -- Mordecai M. Kaplan