[etni] [FWD: RE: listening comprehension]]

  • From: ask@xxxxxxxx
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 05:32:49 -0700

 -------- Original Message --------
 Subject: RE: [etni] [FWD: Re: listening comprehension]
 From: "Bari Nirenberg" <nirenber@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

 No, 1-pointers aren't tested orally and the listening is 40% of their
 exam.
 In addition, I don't think that the oral exam and the listening
 comprehension section of the Bagrut test the same things.  In the
 listening comprehension, they need to be able to extract important details from
 what they hear and to answer questions.  The oral exam tests their
 communicative ability -- how well they can carry on a conversation with another
 person.

 Bari