[etni] [FWD: Ideas for teaching the story "Eleven" by Sandra Cisneros]

  • From: ask@xxxxxxxx
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 02:01:27 -0700

 -------- Original Message --------
 Subject: Ideas for teaching the story "Eleven" by Sandra Cisneros
 From: "Yehudit Haim" <yehudith@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

 I was first introduced to this story by Dr. Lyn Barzelai who
presented it to us at ACT 2003 in Oranim. I liked it instantly
and so decided to teach it to my 11th grade class in the next
 school year as part of their literature program.

At - www.etni.org.il/teachers/yehudith/eleven.htm
and - www.etni.org/teachers/yehudith/eleven.htm

 you will find the story, Sandra Cisneros's biography
 and the various ideas and activities I did with my class.

 For any questions, comments or clarifications please may write to
 yehudith@xxxxxxxxxxx

 Yehudit Haim
 Anne Frank High School
 Branco Weiss Institute