[etni] [FWD: Exchange with German high school]

  • From: ask@xxxxxxxx
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 23:14:48 -0700

 -------- Original Message --------
 Subject: Exchange with German high school
 From: "Frau Compan-Mimran" <cm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

To whom it may concern:

 Shalom,

First of all, I would like to introduce myself. My name is Eva and I'm
a Jewish high school teacher at the MÖRIKE-GYMNASIUM in Ludwigsburg (a
big city near Stuttgart in South Germany). I've been teaching English
and French for almost 8 years in different grades and classes. My
students are between 10 and 19 years old. About 950 students attend our
school and we are 63 teachers working here. Our students major in
different subjects - such as arts, music, languages, sciences,... - and
leave school with the "HABAGRUT" at the age of 18/19.
We have a lot of twin towns and exchanges, e.g. with France, England,
Spain, Poland, Switzerland, and the United States, and Israel is a
country that is now missing in our programme.
For a long time, I have been thinking about initiating and organizing
can exchange with a high school in Israel. Now, I'm looking for one that
might be interested in such a project. I have always told my students
how wonderful Israel and its people are, but I want them to experience
it themselves. There's nothing better than bringing youngsters together
to abolish hatred and promote understanding and tolerance.
My idea of the exchange is that the Israeli delegation (~ 15 students
between 15-17 years old)would be invited first to Ludwigsburg. During
their stay of about 10 days, there will of course be a programme (e.g.
visit of various historical/cultural sites; reception at the town hall;
visit of the concentration camp DACHAU,...). The students will also join
their partners in different school lessons. Later, our German delegation
would come to Israel.
Of course, there is a lot of work and a lot of information to gather
from different authorities in order to organize a successful exchange.
All this takes time, but I would be happy if there was any interest
from a school in Israel. Hopefully, you (ETNI) will be able to help me
with my project.
Our school also has a site under:

www.mgl.lb.bw.schule.de

Should you need more information, don't hesitate to contact me under:

Cm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hope to hear from you soon.
Shalom,

Eva Compan-Mimran M.A.