[etni] FW: FW: RE: comparative adjectives and geographical slurs

  • From: "Gary Zone" <gary_zone@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 16:33:29 +0000

>With humble apologies who thought my language too strong, though
>'intolerant' is in itself rather a strong condemnation, Ellen.

Oy, even I am doing it!

I should have written 'with humble apologies **to those** who thought my
language too strong'.

That's what happens when one doesn't read over one's reply. Normally I would
be forgiven, but on a list that discusses English and teaches it for a
living??? What other errors might I have committed in this short e-mail. I
am frozen in fear now. Dare I press the Send button?

Gary
Calgary