[etni] Exam Burn Out

  • From: James Backer <drjamesbacker@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2014 00:41:08 -0700 (PDT)

Greetings, all,
I just calculated that the English staff at my school has to prepare, give, and
correct 30 different exams for the 12th grade in the end of the second
semester. This includes a semester final, two matkonot, the oral matkonet, and
the oral Bagrut. Each hard-copy exam will have papers for Modules A through G.
The same is true for our in-house digital copies for the hakarah-hashealon. We
also have students taking in-house iTests. And then there are two levels of the
oral matkonet and Oral Bagrut - with various external testers to organize and
our traveling to other schools to test.

This is just the 12th grade. Our school is a 6-year jr/sr high school, so we
have all the other exams to deal with as well, but on a less complex schedule.

Do you remember how Charlie Chaplin walked out of the factory at the end of the
day in "Modern Times" - with his arms twitching the way he had been using his
wrenches? Think about that the next time you run your thumb over the digital
time-clock in your factory.

Jimmy
** ETNI Blog and Poll
   http://ask-etni.blogspot.co.il/