[etni] Ethics and Entertainment

  • From: "Kate Nachman" <Kate@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 09:11:39 +0200

OLEANNA by David Mamet (Screenwriter of Wag The Dog, The Untouchables, State
and Main etc) is a play, in 3 acts, about a meeting between a student and a
teacher.  The play is controversial, suspenseful, full of twists and turns,
and pivots on issues of power, language, and interpretation of events.  It
is an extraordinary play, performed by two of Jerusalem's most talented
young English Speaking actors, Miriam Lewis and Aryeh Krasman.

While I would not encourage you to bring classrooms full of students to this
one (with the possible exception of high school juniors and seniors) I would
strongly encourage teachers and administrators and educators of all sorts to
come and see this play.  Not only for the issue awareness, but also for a
very exciting evening of theatre!

OLEANNA is playing at Hadassah's Center Stage Theatre at 8pm on February 16,
17, 19, 23, 24, and 26.  Tickets are 45nis for the general public, though
anyone from this list who makes an advance reservation and pays over the
phone (by credit card) can get a ticket for 35nis.  Just say "I want to pay
in advance and get the ETNI discount" and whoever takes your call will take
care of it.  You can either email theatre@xxxxxxxxxxxxx or call 02-561-9165
x202 for more information.

Yes, the discount extends to your partners and families if you would like to
bring them!