[etni] Early learning Internet site & research project

  • From: "Joel" <joel.josephson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 14:42:34 +0200

The 'Not for profit' Kindersite research project is now online at
http://www.kindersite.org and we invite you all to come see and understand what
we are trying to achieve.

PLEASE NOTE. This test version of the site is for educational professionals and
bone-fide parents of young children ONLY. The childrens site is being built
seperately.

There are 2 missions for the project:
1. To allow early learners, irrespective of native language, access to the best
graded content available on the Internet in a safe and secure environment and
allow them to choose and use the content freely
2. For qualified academic educational and language researchers to study the
childrens usage of the content and follow up their usage to best understand
outcomes of how and if technology and language education should be integrated
in to the educational process

We aks list members to help this stage of the project by:
1. Joining our advisory board (see http://www.kindersite.org/Advisory.htm
2. Helping 'tiny testers' to use the site and reporting back to us on the
outcome (positive or negative) - teachers and parents
3. Suggesting research projects based on the site
4. Any other form of help and support - we still desperately need additional
funding (corporate or private) to move the project on

Lastly - we are strictly controlling use of the site to ONLY professionals in
the educational community and parents of young children and you will be asked
to register to gain entry to the working parts of the site. PLEASE DO NOT
register any children at this stage but only their caregivers.

Finally please feel free to contact me at the above if you have any questions
and I hope you enjoy using the site.
Joel