[etni] Drug/Addictions--easy texts

  • From: Margie Cohen <margiec@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 09:05:41 +0200

Hello ETNI list:                      December 27, 2004

         Thank you for all of your suggestions and links about the above
subject.  I eventually used  'Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds'  by the
Beatles and 'White Rabbit' by Jefferson Airplane.

          I printed out and photocopied the lyrics for the kids and my
(tenth grade) son located the songs which we burned onto a CD which I
played in class.
My students  thought this was all 'old music from the last century' until I
explained about the code words in the songs and what they stood for, the
general atmosphere during which these songs were written, Vietnam War, Kent
State, Timothy Leary, etc.

         Have a good week-

                 Margie

Margie Cohen-Jackel