[etni] Courses for remedial teaching - which to choose?

  • From: Avi Granit <judiavi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ETNI <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 09:24:32 +0300

  As a junior/high school with a growing population of new immigrants who often
struggle with the language; our principal has suggested that the English staff
take one of the remedial English courses being offered around the country.
Problem is - which one to choose?  I've been recommended the one run by Nitzan
in TA but not knowing any of the lecturers or having any more information it is
difficult to judge.

I'd be really grateful for some insight from you etniers.  Perhaps you have
personal recommendations or first-hand knowledge/info about some of the
courses.  We are in Haifa and I know that there are courses at both Gordon and
Oranim teachers training colleges.  We could also travel to TA where there are
courses run by Nitzan and at the Kibbutz Teacher training school.

Thanks,
Judi G.