[etni] Class size

  • From: Michele Ben <mggben@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ETNI <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, carmen lewitus <carsabale@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2014 22:48:42 +0300

This is what I meant to write.
It is NOT, absolutely not, humanly impossible to give the same kind of
attention to kids in smaller classes and to kids in huge classes, no matter
how good a teacheryou are. Kids from certain socio-economic brackets, and
other culturalfactors, get the attention they need from home, and therefore
can thrive in huge classes because they don't need the teacher for much.
Teachers in homogeneous classes don't have to plan the same way as teachers
inheterogeneous classes. I could go on, but I think (hopefully) I've made my
point.

 It's not the kids who are spinach, apples or lemons, it's the teaching
 context.

--
Remember that happiness is a way of travel, not a destination.
-- Roy Goodman, British conductor and violinist

** ETNI Blog and Poll
   http://ask-etni.blogspot.co.il/
** Etni homepage - http://www.etni.org
** post to ETNI List - etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx