[etni] Bagrut recordings - two thumbs up

  • From: "R. Borenstein" <rachcb1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 08:41:03 +0300

Good morning.
 A few months ago, I sent a letter to ETNI asking about getting CDs. Someone
wrote to me saying that if we request them, we will get. To be safe, we had
our students find walkmen and had to train them in their use (for example,
what happens when there's no rewind button).
When we opened the envelopes, we discovered that we had an equal number of
cassettes and CDs. Immediately we went to check and found that the CDs were
divided into tracks, unlike the previous CDs we had where the entire test
was one recording. There was also a reference page (which we found later)
with the track numbers and content. I personally rushed to call my students
doing later modules to bring their Discmen if they preferred. We also used
the CD for the listening comprehension to avoid difficulties with the radio
and it was easy to find and clear as a bell.
We've told students who need that they can bring discmen in the future and
they were very pleased. Thank you to the powers that be that made this
welcome change.
Rachelle

PS - I believe that track system was initiated this year. If I'm mistaken,
and it's already been used, we weren't aware of it, and you can just
delete/skip this message.