[etni] Re: Bagrut discussion

  • From: "Bari Nirenberg" <nirenber@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ehrlich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 18:12:00 +0200

> 5.  To Bari.  Of course each mistake is worth a lot.  But
> remember your simple math-  It's really only
>     worth a third that amount as is their final grade in each
> module.  In the end it's the same.

I realize that.  My problem was with giving the magen grade, because you
need to give a magen grade for EACH module and not one overall grade for a
level (4 points, 5 points, etc.).  Schools get penalized when there is a big
overall discrepancy between magen grades and exam grades and with only 8
kids taking modules F and G and so many points for each question, it would
be really easy to create a discrepancy like that.

> 7.  Proctoring:  Although I don't want extra work- who does?
> think that it would save the country a bundle
>     to have teachers proctoring.  Remember you would proctor only
> at the hours you would normally
>     be teaching that class.  We teach till 5:00 in our school.

I have no problem with proctoring during the hours that I normally teach,
but that's not what was being suggested.  And we don't teach until 5 at our
school.  My longest day ends at 3:10 and most days I'm finished by 1:30.

Bari