[etni] Re: Answers to Aviva's bagrut questions

  • From: Ahuva Weiss <weiss_a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: aviva_h@xxxxxxxxxx, 'etni' <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2004 11:12:34 +0200

Subject: Answers to Aviva's bagrut questions

Hi all,
The following questions were sent two weeks ago by Aviva.
1. " If a student retakes a module in the winter and receives  a lower
grade than the in the previous summer  -  which grade is considered?
2. A student finishes the 4 point exam by the winter of the 12th grade.
In the summer he takes modules F+G. If he isn't satisfied with the 5 pt
grade can he "keep" the 4pt grade and "ignore/erase" the 5 pt?"
*****
You may have received answers, so forgive me if I am repeating this
info.

The answer to the first question is: the higher grade counts, as opposed
to the old format whereby the mark of the last test counted- info taken
from letter to the principal sent out March 2004 and signed by Rachel
Schiffer Head of Agaf HaBechinot.
The answer to the second question appears in the same letter and
translated from Hebrew it says: The school must send a letter to this
"Agaf" on behalf of the student, requesting to get his former mark in
writing. (I am trying to translate as accurately as possible, though it
may not sound so good in English)  The letter should also ask that the
mark he got at the level he was tested last not be considered at all.
Furthermore, the school must attach a handwritten statement by the
student of the choice he has made.
All the best,
Ahuva