[etni] 5th grade Meitzav test

  • From: Mara and Yosef Moshe <momara@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2003 20:09:08 +0200

Thanks so much to Renee for her professional and careful comments about the
test yesterday. I too felt so badly for the kids that were trying to hard to
figure out what was being asked of them. I was able to stop the tape in one
class and give the kids time to think but the "official" in the other class
would not allow it and i wasn't there to insist. There was just not enough
time for the kids to think and figure out what was being asked of them.

The "weekly newspaper" section was so difficult. I think some students would
have had difficulty with the same task even if it was in Hebrew. What is the
point of frustrating the kids and making them feel so inadequate? In my
opinion some of the questions and answers seemed designed to trick them.

To whoever is involved in designing these tests: Please include elementary
school teachers who are currently in the field to help design these tests in
the future.

The only consolation is that we can now get back to teaching normally.

mara