[etni] Re: 4-5 p catch

  • From: Sandra Yosef-Hassidim <hassidim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Ruthi <rsheffer@xxxxxxxxx>, etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 06:46:42 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Ruthi
We actually have set up some kind of an English teachers' forum. This forum has
met on several occasions, put down in writing all the issues English teachers
have to deal with without getting paid for -way beyond what's accepted as
"normal" among teachers of other subjects-such as the insanity of English
coordination, the modular tests, the projects etc..., and this forum has
even met with Judy Steiner, who is, by the way,  well aware of the problems in
English teaching and -hopefully-willing to help us improve our conditions.
But... as we well know by now, if the government doesn't take a strategic
decision to start investing in education, nothing will really change. If people
are interested in seeing this document, I will ask the head of this forum,
Alumma Avron, if she can publish it on Etni.
Sandra