[ergo] Re: ergo: ejj3@columbia.edu post needs approval

  • From: "Eric J. Johnson" <ejj3@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ergo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 11:31:53 -0500

John:
   A quick follow-up, and thanks for the explanation.   I now understand
what you are trying to do, and things are close, but I have a similar, but
slightly different outcome:
   When I open the audio window, it does, correctly, I believe, mute the
line in in the on the playback (source) control, and also selects the wrong
control, in my case, the 'What U Hear" control, even when I make sure it is
unavailable, but deselecting it from  Options-->Properties.  Selecting the
line-in on the Recording Control makes things work as they should.  My guess
is that there is something funky about the control selection on the record
panel.   For the most part, the selection of volume control works fine.
I hope that helps.
Eric