[ergo] Racal Driver

  • From: Creative Express <creativexpress@xxxxxxx>
  • To: ERGO Beta List <ergo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 17:15:44 -0700

At long last, I have posted a first-cut at a Racal RA6790 driver in the beta
update.
Please make sure that you run the Activity Log before the first attempt to
connect.  Since I have never seen any dataflow from the Racal, it may take a
few tres to get it going.

Here are some notes you should read before trying the driver:

Serial Port Settings
 19200 8 N 1
 Flow Control not Enabled

Receiver Addressing
 Options for Address 0, 1, 37

Filters
(1) Assumes there are 7 filters installed, and attempts to load them when
first run, and stores values in the \user file.
(2) When in ISB or SSB mode, ability to change filters is removed.

Modes
(1) Assumes ISB is present
(2) CW mode is fixed BFO.  CWV mode is Variable BFO.

AGC and Manual Attenuation
(1) Ability to change manual gain / attenuation in the following AGC Modes:
Off, Slow T, Med T, Fast T (where T indicates you can set the gain
Threshold)

BFO
(1) Ability to change BFO only in CWV mode.

AutoMode
(1) When enabled, the Step Size, Filter, Gain and BFO follow the mode
setting change.

Meter
(1) Am guessing that the "R3" command requests meter information.  I cannot
find anything else in the manual.
(2) If (1) works, a value is returned between 0..150 (none..highest).  This
will deflect the meter, but I have not yet calibrated, so results may be
off.

Locked
======
(1) If you change to LOCAL from the receiver front panel, Ergo should follow
along, and then relock when you go back to REMOTE option on the rx front
panel.

73  John Fallows, VE6MBA
Creative Express Corporation
http://swldx.com