[ergo] ICOM R75

  • From: Creative Express <creativexpress@xxxxxxx>
  • To: ERGO List <ergoradio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,ERGO Beta List <ergo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 19:08:28 -0600

At the suggestion of one of our R75 users, I have made the following
modification to the ICOM R75 BETA Driver, for testing.
Issue: The R75 command set does not enable all the receiver front panel
controls to be locked when under PC control.  So, it is possible to change
R75 settings manually while it is being controlled by ERGO.  The software
does not reflect these changes in the Receiver Control Window.

Modification: The R75 BETA driver has been modified to poll the R75 for
changes on a continuous basis.  The design should pick up any manual changes
in frequency in close to real time, update any other frequently used
controls within 3 seconds, and update any minor control changes within ten
seconds.  Thus, the Ergo Receiver Window should track any manual changes
while still maintaining the existing performance.

If performance is degraded, I can withdraw this feature.  Feedback
appreciated.

73  John Fallows, VE6MBA
Creative Express Corporation
http://swldx.com