[erasingblindness] Re: [CASE:118301] Suggestion for Future KeySoft Versions

  • From: Carlos <carlos.lopez.1209@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Erasing Blindness <erasingblindness@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 15:53:07 -0800

I have sent a message to Humanware regarding being able to open and read docx files in the future.

Sent from my Braillenote Apex BT 32

On 2013-02-26, 18:15, Carlos (carlos.lopez.1209@xxxxxxxxx) wrote:Hello,

I would like to make a suggestion about a feature that future

KeySoft versions should have.  In the wordprocessor, I think it

would be nice to be able to open and read docx files.  My

teachers at school use Microsoft Word 2010 and whenever they have

to give me files, they have to always convert them to Microsoft

2003 files.  Therefore, I think it'd be easier if I could just

open docx files on the BrailleNote.

Thank you and I hope you take my suggestion into consideration,

Carlos

Sent from my Braillenote Apex BT 32
ûöõ

To post to this list: send your email to erasingblindness@xxxxxxxxxxxxx. To
subscribe to this list:
send an email to erasingblindness-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'subscribe' in the
Subject field
and an empty message body and then follow the instructions in the confirmation
email or visit
the list page at //www.freelists.org/list/erasingblindness. On that page,
fill in your email
address and pick subscribe from the list of options. To look at the list
archives, go to:
an email to
erasingblindness-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the Subject field
and an empty
message body and then follow the instructions in the confirmation email or
visit the list page at
//www.freelists.org/list/erasingblindness. On that page, fill in your
email address and pick
unsubscribe from the list of options. You can also change your list settings at
//www.freelists.org/list/erasingblindness. There is also a FAQ at
//www.freelists.org/wiki/the_faq This FAQ is not specific to this list.
The FAQ has answers
to general questions about the website www.freelists.org which is the website
that this list is
hosted on. If you have any questions or comments about this list or how it is
run, please do not
ask them on list. Please direct these questions and comments to
blindnesseraser@xxxxxxxxx.
Also check out the blog that goes with this list at
www.blindnesseraserblog.wordpress.com. On
the Erasing Blindness Blog , you will find: links to websites and mailing lists
I think are useful to
blind and visually impaired people. I will also post links to websites and
mailing lists where
people who can see can go to learn about blindness and visual impairments as
well as what
causes them and how to prevent them or lessen their effect on blind or visually
impaired people
as well as their friends, families and coworkers. If there is a website or
mailing list you think
should be included, but you can not find it, you can suggest it and I will post
it. If you have any
questions or comments about the Erasing Blindness Blog and or Mailing List,
please feel free to
email blindnesseraser@xxxxxxxxx. If you know anyone you think may benefit from
this mailing
list, please tell them about it. Also if you are on any mailing lists or forums
where it is
appropriate to do so, please give this mailing list a mention on there as well.
Face Book, Twitter
and blogs are also good ways to let people know about this list. Also feel free
to use any other
method of communication you can think of to spread the word about this list.
Thank you.

List Description: Are you blind or visually impaired and tired of being on a
bunch of different
mailing lists because each list will only let you talk about one topic? Well
those days are over.
This list is for blind and visually impaired people to talk about their
disabilities and ways to
overcome them and for people who can see to talk about blindness and visual
impairments as
well as what causes them and how to prevent them or lessen their effect on
blind or visually
impaired people as well as their friends, families and coworkers. We can talk
about adaptive
technology( hardware and software) from Humanware, Freedom Scientific, Hims,
Apple and
other companies. As well as that, we can talk about which websites are and are
not accessible
to blind and visually impaired people who use screen readers or note takers to
go on the
internet. All kinds of accessible games can also be talked about. We can also
talk about the
basics like orientation and mobility and braille. It is ok to talk about
anything to do with
blindness. The topics listed here do not have to be the only things we talk
about. They are just
some examples. If you are blind or visually impaired and want to learn how to
make your life
easier and more fun or you are a person who can see and you want to learn about
blindness
and visual impairments as well as what causes them and how to prevent them or
lessen their
effect on blind or visually impaired people as well as their friends, families
and coworkers, then
please join this list. This list is in English. Also check out the Erasing
Blindness Blog that goes
with this list at www.blindnesseraserblog.wordpress.com. If you have any
questions or
comments about the Erasing Blindness Mailing List and or Blog, please feel free
to email
blindnesseraser@xxxxxxxxx. Thank you. End of list description.

General Guidelines

Please keep the subject lines up to date with what is being talked about in the
message bodies.
If you have a question you want to ask or you want to say something and it does
not fit in with
any of the current threads, then please start a new thread. Also, if you have
digest mode on
and you find a message in the digest you want to reply to, please change the
subject to
something more specific then the subject of the digest email, for example- re:
erasingblindness
Digest V1 #6. Cut the other messages out of your reply and just leave in the
message you are
replying to so that you do not end up forwarding the whole digest to the list.
That way, list
members who have digest mode off do not need to read through list emails twice.
I do not want
any members of this list bossing or attacking any of the other list members. If
anyone feels like
they have been bossed around or attacked by anyone else on this list, please
email
blindnesseraser@xxxxxxxxx and tell me about it so we can try to sort it out.

About Attachments.

If you have an article, document, game file, short audio file or anything else
you would like to
share, please do so. You can email any file type as long as it is not a virus.
Total message size
is limited to 5 MB. This includes your attachment as well as what you write in
your email.
Please note that people who have digest mode off will receive attachments sent
to the list, but
people who have digest mode on will not receive these attachments. For people
who have
digest mode on, if there is an attachment that was sent to the list and you
want it, please email
blindnesseraser@xxxxxxxxx and I will send you the attachment. I will never turn
digest mode
on for myself on this list. For people who post attachments to this list,
please say in the body of
the message that your message has an attachment in it or put has attachment as
part of the
subject line. That way, people who have digest mode on will know that there was
an
attachment posted to the list. Attachments are also archived and only
attachments known to
carry viruses are filtered from them. Thank you.