Re: plugins problem

  • From: <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 10:31:20 +1100

On Sun, 11 Mar 2012 20:06:25 +0200
peter kostov <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have compiled revision 2459 because of the various crashes when
> viewing files. Since then emelfm2 doesn't crash, but i have problem with
> the plugins. They have gone from the RMB menu, eg. when I right-click on
> a file I see only "Edit plugins". When I click on that an empty window
> appears - sometimes completely empty, sometimes with one or several
> empty rows - some with ticks on "Loaded" and "Menu" some without. When I
> try to add a plug-in and click "Select" the right path is displayed and
> I can see the .so files, but can not actually add them - I click "Open",
> but nothing happens. If, despite this, I click on "Apply" in the plug-in
> configuration window a random number of (empty) rows disappears.
>
> Kind regards,
> Petar

When attempting to load the plugins, we're now getting "undefined symbol"
messages about function-names in the main application, one such message for
each missing plugin. This is mighty curious, since the missing functions are
certainly all present, and have not been changed in ages.

Investigations proceeding.