Re: ghostscript applications freeze

  • From: Grégory SCHMITT <gy.schmitt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 10:16:03 -0400

----- Original Message -----
> Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2008 15:32:39 +0200
> De: kongalino <kongalino@xxxxxxx>
> À: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Sujet: ghostscript applications freeze

> I have just realized a problem with our emelfm2 that we run on a
> CentOS-5.2 machine. Whenever I open a .ps or .eps file out of
> emelfm2, the viewer freezes. I doesnt matter which frontend for gs I
> use, I have tried evince and gv so far. I have to kill the gs process
> to proceed. This only happens whenever I start an application that is
> using gs out of emelfm2. When I use the command line to start the
> application, it does not freeze.

I experienced the same behaviour some time ago, which I did not
understand. I had thought it was an evince / gs issue, not related to
emelfm2.

Since, I've upgraded to Fedora 9, which ships an updated version of
evince (2.22) and ghostscript (8.62). So far, everything's fine - I'm
not experiencing these crashes anymore, running emelfm2 0.4.1.

--
Grégory SCHMITT <mailto:gy.schmitt@xxxxxxxxx>