Re: Folder creation bug

  • From: Grégory SCHMITT <gy.schmitt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 22:56:28 -0400

Le Sat, 20 Jun 2009 11:43:51 +1000,
<tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

> On Thu, 18 Jun 2009 19:16:29 -0400
> Grégory SCHMITT <gy.schmitt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Using emelFM2 build 1722, I have observed a few bugs regarding the
> > folder creation dialog box:
> >
> > - Creating a folder is ok, creating another one in the same
> > instance of emelFM2 is not.
> > - The info section on the creation of the 2nd folder doesn't
> > collapse properly.
>
> You could try the updated mkdir dialog file now in svn.

Just tried, and things are actually worse now: same bug as before,
mixed with nasty segfaults without any log (either from emelFM2 or the
glibc).

> I can't test it here ATM, due to crashes all over the place ;-( I
> just updated my distro, and am now getting lots of the sort of X
> errors reported recently for ubuntu 9.04 and debian testing.
> Thread-locking is not working properly. I'm not sure if it's e2
> itself, or gtk 2.16 (again) or glibc or xlib (actually libxcb, now)
> or X server. My current favourite is libxcb (some significant changes
> there, between previous and current versions, and still a long TODO).
> If I turn out to be correct about this, we're pretty much stuffed
> until they fix it (or else recode emelFM2 to use just 1 thread, YUK).

I've heard that gtk2 and libxcb will fully mature when X.Org 7.5 is
ready, which is when X server 1.7 is ready, which is when the
new graphic drivers are ready, which is when the new stack gallium3d is
done, which happens when the new graphic memory manager is implemented
in the future kernel 2.6.31 which is released, well, sometime in the
future. And hopefully, eglibc will remain 100% compatible with glibc...

In these days, I feel pretty satisfied to have switched to Debian
stable.

--
Grégory SCHMITT <mailto:gy.schmitt@xxxxxxxxx>