[EMAS] snowcovered wildflowers

  • From: "Gail Lankford" <whocooksforyou@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "freelist emas" <emas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2014 09:26:50 -0400

Yesterday the lonely Hepatica I reported several days ago had about 250 family
members scattered along the creek bank with it. Today they are covered in about
2.5” of snow! Yesterday I also saw the first few  blooming Cutleaf Toothworts.
Plenty of Chickweed up now, so tomorrow I will turn some into pesto.
The Blue-headed Vireo, that I first heard and saw March 22, was singing in the
same area as before at the base of our driveway.
This past week we have also had a male and female Great Horned Owl on our
northern slope carrying on a conversation that I can only hope is all about
mating and nesting in the same area.
Gail Lankford
Weaverville