[EMAS] Re: common nighthawk

  • From: Marilyn Westphal <mjwestph@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: james.poling@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 11:12:17 -0400

They are a late migrant and it might be a migrant, but there are some
that stay here.  They are uncommon and the population may be
declining. There are some places where they are seen in summer,
though.  I think in Asheville Charlotte has said that she often sees
them at Tourist baseball games.  They like the bright lights because
the lights attract insects.  They are also found over Hendersonville
and I'probably over other places in Asheville.  People don't go out
looking for them much.
Marilyn

--
Marilyn Westphal