[EMAS] Water birds

  • From: Doug Johnston <wellsteadwest@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2014 09:52:38 -0500

Many thanks to Tom, Tom and Diane for finding the new ducks and grebes at
Beaver lake and especially to Tom Tribble for reporting them to the local list
serve in such a timely manner.

I made it in after 3pm and the Long tails were not to be seen, but I know there
were plenty of folks who had good looks at these rare birds for the mountains.
 By 4 pm there are 5 Red Necked Grebes in three groups. By 5pm the five had
coalesced into one group. Not the numbers that Wayne Forsythe reported from
Lake Julian, but still amazing for our local lake!

For those of you who may not subscribe to Carolina birds list serve, Harry
LeGrand reported that previous to this fall out, only three Red throated grebes
had ever been reported in WNC.

The system works!

Doug Johnston

Sent from my iPad