[EMAS] Two Days of Birding

  • From: alan lenk <adlenk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: EMAS <emas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 May 2014 18:17:01 -0700 (PDT)

Early in the week I stopped by Beaver Lake to see my first Blackpoll Warbler
which was certainly nice.   He cooperated fairly nicely which I much
appreciated and got a shot.  Another highlight was a FOY Eastern Kingbird
flying about catching insects.   Several folks had reported the Bobolinks at
WWC and I headed there mid week.   These proved to be a challenge to get close
to, they seemed to like about a 100 yard buffer.  While waiting around I
spotted a Cedar Waxing, another FOY.  Patience paid off with the Bobolinks to
some extent as one flew to some dead underbrush fairly near and another to the
top of a tree and out of the tall grass where you could actually see it.  Upon
leaving the campus through Owen Park a nice surprise was seeing and hearing the
Warbling Vireo and it was certainly warbling.  Beautiful song!

Alan Lenk