[EMAS] Latest Update from Graham County, NC

  • From: Simon Thompson <simonrbt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "carolinabirds@xxxxxxxx" <carolinabirds@xxxxxxxx>, emas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 May 2014 20:57:01 -0400

C-birders et al

Just back from a week up in Graham County where we birded all of the good
areas such as Cherohala Skyway, Stecoah Gap, Talullah Wetlands etc

We finished the week with 27 Warblers (including Nashville, Tennessee, Cape
May, Wilson's, Cerulean, Golden-winged, Blackpoll & Bay-breasted)
4 Vireos, Ring-billed Gull, Eastern Wood-Pewee, GC Flycatcher, Summer and
Scarlet Tanagers, Bald Eagle, Red Crossbills on the feeders along with
dozens of Rose-breasted Grosbeaks.
and strangest of all- a Sandhill Crane on a church lawn!
Just about 100 species for the week.
We have already booked our dates for this fall and next spring.
Simon

 PS: check out our day-trips calendar for an exciting selection of outings
here in WNC.

Simon RB Thompson
Ventures Birding Tours
Asheville, North Carolina