[EMAS] Forest Service Roads 2250 and 3533, 5-31-15

  • From: alan lenk <adlenk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: EMAS Listserv <emas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2015 16:10:10 +0000 (UTC)

On Sunday these two roads were explored.  They are about 1/4 mile apart,  near
Max Patch parking area on the north side (left) of MP road approx 1/4 to 1/2
mile before the MP parking lot respectively.   I will not break down the
sightings by road other than saying a good variety of warblers were seen at
both locations including Hooded, Canada, Black and White, Ovenbird, and N.
Parula, Black-throated Blue, and Black-throated Green.  On road 3533  two
Veerys were singing their incredible trills.  It was difficult to get a good
look at them but I managed one photo.  One caution about birding along Road
2250:  this road is not gated and is used by motorcycle mountain bikes that
come tearing by, not pleasant for birding, and continues to Brown Gap.   This
would probably not be an issue during weekdays.
Alan LenkAsheville