[EMAS] Cerulean Warbler at Nest, BRP

  • From: alan lenk <adlenk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: EMAS Listserv <emas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2015 19:04:24 +0000 (UTC)

This morning I met Charotte mid morning just beyond MP 373 to see the Cerulean
nest with 4 chicks.  Two other birders joined us for a view of the nest and the
active female attending to her babies.  The chicks were quite large and
speculation was that they would fledge soon, probably today or tomorrow.
Though the nest was about 100 feet away, down slope from the Parkway but
luckily at eye level,  and the window to view the nest was small and obscured
by limbs wind blown leaves, I and  another photographer attempted several
pictures.  Here are four of mine.  In one I got lucky by catching the mother a
couple feet below the nest on a limb with food.  The photos are grainy and due
to intense cropping lack great quality.  Thanks to Charlotte for keeping us
posted on the progress of this wonder of nature.
Alan LenkAsheville