[EMAS] Cerulean Nest on Parkway near MP 373

  • From: "goedsche@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <goedsche@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2015 20:06:08 -0400

There are four nestlings in the nest that's 2/10's of a mile north of MP
373. I watched it for over two hours this morning and for one hour this
evening and saw only the female feeding the nestlings. She seems to be
doing a good job, but I don't know how one adult could feed four fledglings
sufficiently. I hope the male is only taking a break.

The female seems to be hyper vigilant. She often arrives at the nest with a
food item and then stands motionless, as if she's listening, before she
feeds the chicks.

I don't know when the chicks will fledge, but it's a full house already.

The nest north of the Tanbark Ridge Tunnel must still have eggs in it.

Charlotte

Charlotte Goedsche
Weaverville, NC
goedsche@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx