[EMAS] Beaver Lake Bird Sanctuary Celebration

  • From: JoAnne Ritt <jwr828@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emaslistserv <emas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2013 20:21:42 -0700 (PDT)

Beaver Lake Bird Sanctuary Celebration
Sunday September 8, 1 to 4pm

Join us as The Elisha Mitchell Audubon Society celebrates the completion of the
many improvements made to Beaver Lake Bird Sanctuary. Our boardwalk now makes a
complete loop that is handicap accessible. There is a new gathering space for
groups and expanded lake overlooks. New interpretive signs help visitors
understand how special the sanctuary is in the life of the birds that use its
habitat. New fencing and signs guide joggers and walkers around the sanctuary
perimeter allowing the interior to remain an area of quiet for birds and
people.

Everyone is welcome to attend. The celebration will feature children's nature
activities and live raptors. Interpretive stations along the boardwalk and
overlooks will be manned by volunteers ready to acquaint you with the many
unique features of the sanctuary.

General parking is available at the North Asheville Library, right next door.
Handicap parking is available at the sanctuary right next to our beautiful new
bicycle rack/Blue Heron bird sculpture .
We are located at 1056 Merrimon Avenue, Asheville, NC

JoAnne Rittenberg