[EMAS] Beaver Lake

  • From: alan lenk <adlenk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: EMAS Listserv <emas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2015 18:19:21 +0000 (UTC)

It was a lively morning at the Sanctuary, with birds and birders in abundance.
Jay Wherley(sp?) was nice enough to point out where he had see the Blue-winged
Warbler  near the boardwalk with chicken wire.  I suggested trying to call it
in and it work.  He/she posed in a tall tree near the trail.  I saw three other
warblers during the morning:  Palm (scratching head), Yellow-rumped, and
American Redstart.  Though the Yellow-rumpeds were most common, their plumage
was impressive.  One of the other birders reported seeing a Nashville Warbler
though I did not.  Other highlights included a few Blue-gray Gnatcatchers
including a Gnatcatcher nest Jay showed me on the other side of the creek from
the Gathering Tree.  The Brown Nuthatches nesting in the snag by the trail
about halfway between the Sanctuary and Boat Dock were still active tending
their nest.  Four photos are attached.
Alan LenkAsheville