[ell-i-developers] Re: Initial Ideas for Enc28j60 Library and Arduino SPI Library

  • From: Pekka Nikander <pekka.nikander@xxxxxx>
  • To: ell-i-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2014 21:40:58 +0200

>>> First, the circuit offers an interrupt line that can be connected to the
>>> host MCU. For that reason, I ask through this channel if that line is
>>> actually wired to the MCU in the Ellduino, and if it will be also connected
>>> at the newer board versions.
>>
>> Yes and yes.  In Ellduino it is connected to PC10.  IIRC, in Baselli the
>> plan is PA2.  In general, it is always a good idea to check from the
>> schematic.
>
> I tried to search for any previous implementation of the EXTI interrupt
> controller for the PC10 pin. The only thing I found is that the pin for PC10
> is prepared for working as input (link) on the working Runtime implementation
> for the Arduino repository.

You are most probably right.  Once there's been a few months after implementing
something, I no longer remember anything about what I did. :-)

It may well be that the PC10 interrupt has never been used.  It may even be
that it doesn't work at the hardware level.  If it has never been used in
software, then most probably it has never been tested from the hardware point
of view, either.

> Is there any implemented / example code where the EXTI peripheral module is
> configured and activated? If not, to start considering generating one right
> away for the new CoAP branch of the Runtime, and meanwhile configuring the
> peripheral after the main initialization.

Sounds good to me.

--Pekka