[elky] photos from the last car sho

  • From: Ray Buck <rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 18:56:21 -0600

http://www.chevyasylum.com/cruisin/cruisin2011/20111008/Welcome.html

I shot it with a slightly different approach...and edited the photos with the same one: I wanted to get away from the same old shots of front and back of the cars, so I used a lotta different angles and views, then when I edited 'em I used different techniques to get something less "usual": HDRI, oversaturation, reflection and so on.

The whole mess is on my web server:
http://www.chevyasylum.com/cruisin/cruisin2011/20111008/Welcome.html

Here's a coupla samples of a 55 Chevy

The reflection of the taillight in the deck lid is what I was trying to get, but the car behind it was screaming bright yellow.  I had to take that out and then....

...I had a hard time getting the modified Chevy emblem, the "1955" in the license plate ring and the reflection of the sky all together.  I had to twist it and turn it and re-crop it and on and on before I settled on this one.

Btw, if you wanna see some interesting photos, here's a site that belongs to a French photographer (I'll ignore the fact that he's French) who seems to shoot photos only from aircraft.  The patterns and images he gets of things on the ground are pretty kool.  I like his way of capturing patterns and lines in his photos:
http://www.altitude-photo.com//home-en/