[elky] Re: (no subject)

  • From: Robert Adams <ladams21@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 09:22:44 -0600

I am not sure about the DOD deal, I get 16mpg around town, but then on the interstate at 70-75 I was lucky to get 13-14. Seems strange that around town it would get so much better mpg than highway.

That test may have been distorted too though, we were sure we were driving into a strong and steady headwind-

Was about to say that truck is an aerodynamic brick. Wonder what an elky would gain in mileage cause of the drastic reduction in drag.

The 383hp nutcracker in the GMC would be really cool, I know dads last 5.3 before he bought a diesel was a beast too, surprisingly fun to drive when you wanted it to be.

Even the 6cyl is respectable in the trucks. It still has more power than the big 8 cyls did years ago. But the mileage of the 6 isn't any better than the 8. I'll probably be looking toward a 5.3 for the elky.