[elky] Re: my old car...

  • From: STILLFRANKSFAULT@xxxxxxx
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 10:18:50 EDT

My friend said he could get it for 10gs less than that asking  price. The
item that has shot this TA's price through the roof is it's SD (super  Duty)
option.
    Last week, my friend Joe, bought a super clean 76 TA, 455 BB, 4 speed,
as a daily  driver. It has a 73 SD engine, so it's not a numbers car. The
previous  owner was asking 21k, and Joe got it for 14,300.oo
            This will drive and handle as well as a SD at the fraction of
the price. So for  what he wants in a fun, kick around car, this fits the
bill. Plus this is a  stick, which he prefers, his original SD was auto.

-Staten Island Frank-

In a message dated 10/21/2009 9:52:44 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
Brian.Mongar@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Being  for sale at that price means nothing J  if that makes you feel
better, its only worth that much if somebody is willing  to pay it.
Holy  cow, I hadn’t seen the mileage,  I know dads was a 78 but he sold his
 with under 15,000 miles on it in 2002.  I think he bought it for $6,000
and sold it 4 years later for around $18,000 but he had done a little
mechanical rebuilding, otherwise the car was near perfect when he bought it,
and
they are beautiful that color setup.  I am sure the wheels were even  the
same as on that car, I don’t really care for the big plastic looking  bumper,
I am almost sure his didn’t have that, but I like the 74s headlights  quite
a bit.
Amazing  what prices can do.