[elky] Re: car covers: more harm than good?

  • From: STILLFRANKSFAULT@xxxxxxx
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2011 18:47:09 -0400 (EDT)

Rob nailed it.

Smokey Mt Frank

In a message dated 10/29/2011 2:19:55 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
elcam84@xxxxxxxxx writes:

             They work well if your  car is in a covered place. The cover
is really just to keep dust off and wind  will flap it in the breeze and can
wear paint. Course that's a big issue when  towing as some people think
towing with a car cover will prevent damage when  in fact is causes damage.
Also
car covers will hold moisture in and cause dew  under the cover when stored
outside.

Robert Adams

On Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 12:30 PM, Saul Marsh <_saulmarsh72@xxxxxxxxxx
(mailto:saulmarsh72@xxxxxxxxx) >  wrote:

Would like to park the El Camino behind my house for a few months,  taking
it out occasionally as long as the roads aren't salty.  Does  anyone have an
opinion on car covers?  I think I'd have to have a  pretty big one for a
'76 elky.  It's pretty windy here, but I think it  would work.  I plan on
sweeping snow off the cover if it snows.

Saul
'76 GMC  Sprint